Monday 17 March 2008

Eckhart Tolle-A New Earth

I had met Eckhart Tolle in London maybe six years ago after reading The power of Now.
I had limited success in understanding what appeared to be basic Zen teachings of stilling the mind and even after meeting the man in person I struggled, gave up for a while then forgot.
I have just finished reading his latest book and it has helped me realise more than any other my true spiritual nature, I believe I experienced some sort of Satori last night which was amazingly refreshing. The ego was crushed temporarily which let me see my true identity, it was a massive wow moment which made me laugh. I cannot rate this book highly enough, it's nothing new, it's the way it is written which is different.
This is the top selling book at Amazon.com at the moment and I would advise everyone to read a copy, I listened to the audio book version read by Tolle which was excellent.
If you want to have a look before you purchase click on the book.

UK Amazon
Eckart Tolle website
Forum

2 comments:

audrey said...

I am so greatful to Eckhart Tolle and Oprah for turning me onto Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and her beautiful book ""My Stroke of Insight"". Her story is amazing and her gift to all of us is a book purchase away I'm happy to say.

Dr Taylor was a Harvard brain scientist when she had a stroke at age 37. What was amazing was that her left brain was shut down by the stroke - where language and thinking occur - but her right brain was fully functioning. She experienced bliss and nirvana and the way she writes about it (or talks about it in her now famous TED talk) is incredible.

What I took away from Dr. Taylor's book above all, and why I recommend it so highly, is that you don't have to have a stroke or take drugs to find the deep inner peace that she talks about. Her book explains how. ""I want what she's having"", and thanks to this wonderful book, I can! Thank you Dr. Taylor, and thank you Eckhart and Oprah.

Brendan said...

I have previously posted a video of Dr Taylor's stroke experience called satori via stroke, cheers for the comment.