Wednesday 13 August 2008

I am

When I see I am nothing,
that is wisdom.
When I see I am everything,
that is love.
And between these two,
my life flows."

Nisargadatta Maharaj


What we are looking for ... is what is looking"

Wei Wu Wei


When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."

Adyashanti


"If you really desire everything, then give up everything."

Lao Tzu


A religious belief… is not a statement about Reality, but a hint, a clue about something that is a mystery, beyond the grasp of human thought. In short, a religious belief is only a finger pointing to the moon. Some religious people never get beyond the study of the finger. Others are engaged in sucking it. Others yet use the finger to gouge their eyes out. These are the bigots whom religion has made blind. Rare indeed is the religionist who is sufficiently detached from the finger to see what it is indicating— these are those who, having gone beyond belief, are taken for blasphemers. (One Minute Nonsense (1992), p.134)

Anthony de Mello

2 comments:

Jake Kotze said...

Lovely

Be well

Brendan said...

A very insightful exploration of truth beautifully captured into words.
Cheers Jake see you in the emptiness.